Get a library card
Library cards for non-residents
Loan Periods and Item Limits
View My Library Account
Renew an item
Borrow an item North Tonawanda Library does not own
Reserve an item
Suggest new materials
Anyone living in Niagara, Orleans or Genesee County (Nioga Library System) is entitled to a free library card. To apply for a card you must present proper identification with your name and street address. Applicants under the age of 18 require a parent’s signature. Children are eligible for their own cards at age five.
If you live in Erie County you can still apply for a card with proper identification. There is a $40.00 annual fee. This entitles the cardholder to borrow up to ten items, printed materials only (no audio-video materials).
- Limit of 40 items per card.
- Borrowers will not be allowed to check out items if there is a lost item on their record, or if unpaid fines total more than $5.00.
- Books are loaned for 21 days, new books for 14 days.
- Videos and DVDs are loaned for 7 days.
- Music CDs are loaned for 7 days.
- Audio books marked NEW may be checked out for 14 days, all others are loaned for 21 days.
- The total number of Audio/Video materials (CDs, DVDs, Audio books) allowed is 20.
- Magazines and civil service study guides are loaned for 7 days.
- Adult items are $.20/item/day
- Children’s items are $.10/item/day
- Videos/DVDs are $1.00/item/day
Patrons may view their library account to see which items are checked out, when they are due, any fines accrued, and a list of holds they have placed.
Most items may be renewed twice if they are not already overdue or have not been requested by another patron. Some materials may not be renewed. To renew please call the circulation desk (716) 693-4132 ext. 0, or renew via the Online Catalog.
Materials currently checked out may be reserved or “held” by Nioga Library cardholders by visiting the reference desk, by phone, (716) 693-3009, or via the Library’s Online Catalog. A “hold” or reserve costs $.25 per item, payable when the item is picked up.
Items not owned by the North Tonawanda Library may be obtained from a library within the Nioga Library system. There are different ways to request materials:
- Request the item through the NIOGA Catalog using your library card number and the default password “changeme”
- Call (716) 693-4132 ext. 4 (adult) or ext. 5 (children’s dept.) to place the hold over the phone
- Ask a librarian to place the hold for you in the library
- Email us at: email@example.com
Library card holders may use computers for up to two hours a day. Visitors may be allowed one hour of guest usage. The library also offers free wifi. We currently have 12 public computers with Internet and word processing capabilities and five children’s computers, all of which have access to a networked laser printer. The printing charge is 15 cents per page for black and white or 50 cents for color prints.
The computers are a self-serve resource meaning that staff is not able to provide individual instruction. View the North Tonawanda Library Computer Policies as a PDF. It is our policy that staff may revoke or suspend the computer privileges of anyone violating a law (harassment, piracy, etc.) or for being disruptive to other Library patrons.
We welcome your thoughts on which new books, DVDs, CDs and other materials that the library should purchase! To suggest new items for purchase, please fill out a Contact form and either email it to the library or print it out and bring it to the library.