Junior Friends Information
The Junior Friend program at the North Tonawanda Public Library is for students entering 6th grade through 12th grade.
Join the Junior Friends and volunteer to:
- Read to younger children as a book buddy.
- Sign up for a weekly shift in the Children’s Department to assist with the Summer Reading Club.
- Our experienced Junior Friends may sign up for a weekly shift in the Adult Reference Department to assist with the Summer Reading Club.
- We will be having a parade and other special programming throughout the summer. The programs will require many extra Junior Friends to help us coordinate these activities. Please be prepared to sign up for these programs.
- Assist with additional tasks assigned by the librarian.
We are once again registering online this year!
Have you been a Junior Friend before? Please sign up in the Children’s Room now—we will be sending priority emails to register online starting: Wednesday, May 29th
First year as a Junior Friend? Please sign up in the Children’s Room now—we will have the links to register posted on our website and emails sent out starting: Wednesday, June 5th
You can sign up in person or by phone at 716-693-4132 ext. 5
If you plan to sign-up with a partner, be sure to discuss times and dates that would work best for both of you!
The videos will guide you through the registration process as well as the rules and regulations for being a Junior Friend. The videos were created last year, so please keep that in mind if any specific dates are mentioned, but the information about the registration process and the rules are accurate. If you are registering, you must view the videos first. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the library.
Handbook and Paperwork
Click on the link to the pdf above. Please print and return the signed information to the Children’s Department.
The Junior Friend handbook features a list of the rules and regulations as well as information required to be filled out, signed, and returned to the Children’s Department. Physical copies are also available at the library in the Children’s Room.
Please note: All signed paperwork MUST be turned in by your first day working, or you will NOT be allowed to volunteer, NO EXCEPTIONS!
If you would like to purchase a Summer Reading Club Junior Friend T-Shirt, please bring $6.00 to the Children’s Room by Friday, June 14th.
If you have any questions regarding the Junior Friend program, please visit us in the Children’s Room or call us at the library at 716-693-4132 ext. 5. We would be happy to help you with any questions.