Research genealogy for free using your library
- Coming soon! Civil War in Words and Deeds; County and Regional Histories & Atlases: New York
- Browse the Tonawanda Evening News or search Fulton History (Jul. 1893- Jan. 1986)
- Fold3 Genealogy and History combines original historical documents and personal histories to create a unique historical and genealogical resource.
- Ancestry Library Edition is one of the most comprehensive genealogical collections available today. This database is available for in Library use only.
- HeritageQuest Online : Use this genealogical database to search census records, family and local histories, vital records, military records and PERSI (Periodical Source Index). Available for remote access with your North Tonawanda library card.
- Newspaper databases from our Virtual Library.
Or try these online sources;
If you can’t visit the library
The Library is staffed to provide limited research for users unable to visit the Library in person. To obtain research assistance, please send or email a detailed list of the items you require. Genealogy requests should include names, complete dates, locations and other information that will aid in our search. Written requests may be faxed (716) 693-0719, mailed or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The base fee for a simple reference request, looking up newspaper obituaries or city directory listings is $5.00 plus postage and a $.15 photocopy charge per page.
Written requests may be sent to:
Local History Librarian
North Tonawanda Public Library
505 Meadow Drive
North Tonawanda, New York 14120