Connect with us:
We’ve got the best Tumblr on the block. Do you want to find out what’s going on for teens at the library? Find a book to read? Just want to know what we like? Join us on Tumblr.
Volunteer with us:
Teens in grades 7-12 can now volunteer at the library year-round. This is perfect if you need community service hours, love your library, are crafty, detail-oriented, or want some experience for jobs and college.
How to volunteer:
- Come to the Information Desk at the library to be a volunteer. You can volunteer for as few or as many hours as you want.
- You MUST attend a training session (which will count for your volunteer hours) first.
Open hours for volunteer training are 6-8pm on Mondays and 3-5pm on Thursdays.
If you need to train at a different time, ask at the Information Desk and we can schedule something for you!
- Once you are trained, you can drop in 3-8pm after school, Monday-Thursday, or 3-4:30pm on Friday.
If you need different hours or want to come in during the day, ask at the Information Desk and we’ll work out a schedule.
- Examples of volunteer work:
- Prepping for programs
- Tracing or cutting program materials
- Putting program materials together
- Cleaning shelves
- Cleaning DVDs or CDs
- Changing stickers on library materials
- Stamping discarded materials
Also look for our summer volunteer program, Junior Friends (more info in April). You can help with many of our summer programs, sign people up for summer reading, and much more, all summer long!
More about us:
Did you know that teens have their own section in the library? A study/lounge nook is located near the young adult fiction and graphic novel collections. The teen area is great for relaxing with a book, doing homework, or simply hanging out. The public computers, which have the internet, word processing and more, are accessible to teens under 18 once a parent visits the circulation desk to sign a consent form.
Stop by after school to pick out a good book, find some cds, dvds or video games, use our free wifi, and get research help from the librarians. We also have some games and puzzles for use.